Different Recipes for Quinoa Patties
A different feeling of happiness comes to you when you realize that the types of seeds which could deliver several benefits to your body could actually be prepared in different ways, have different recipes to try, and at the same time could be added to other different ingredients, and that is exactly the thing with quinoa. There are different recipes that you could prepare with quinoa and you could also it add to a lot of different ingredients, which is considered the best thing about those seeds. Quinoa patties are among the long list of recipes to try and they could be done in several ways as well according to your likes and dislikes, learn more about these recipes through this article.
There are different benefits that you could gain from eating quinoa and maybe the ones that always stand at the top of the list include the easiness of preparing it as well as its ability to give the body the chance to lose weight. It doesn’t matter why you might be eating quinoa, what matters the most is knowing how it should be prepared and get introduced to the different recipes found out there in order not to get easily bored and lose your interest in this healthy type of seed.
More about Quinoa Nutrition
Quinoa is a type of grain or seed that carries several benefits for the body, making it one of the healthy options that nutritionists go for when it comes to healthy eating and healthy diet plans. Quinoa nutrition is the main reason behind being healthy due to the different nutrients and minerals that it carries within. Quinoa carries carbs, about 83 percent of them are starches while the rest is made up of fiber, and this is considered beneficial for those who want to lose weight, since fiber fills up the stomach faster and with smaller amounts.
In addition to the carbs, quinoa also carries protein and it is even high with it when compared to the other grains, not just that, but it carries all the nine essential amino acids that are needed by the body. Fats also have their percentage in quinoa in addition to the vitamins and minerals such as manganese, phosphorus, copper, folate, iron, magnesium, and zinc. All these different nutrients and minerals that quinoa could provide the body with comes in addition to other beneficial compounds, such as saponin, quercetin, kaempferol, squalene, phytic acid, and oxalates.
These are important things to mention at the beginning in order to give you the chance to understand why quinoa is considered healthy and what the different nutrients and minerals that it could manage to provide the body with are and thus deliver some benefits to it.
Quinoa Patty Recipes
Quinoa patties are those small pies or pancakes that are created in a healthier way with adding different ingredients in them; they could be done with broccoli, with spinach, kale, and many other ingredients that transform this recipe into a healthy one. Every single person tends to prepare his/her recipe differently and every single one might be adding different ingredients to those recipes, which is the reason why you should always try it by following the instructions first then you could start doing your own thing with your own touch.
The recipe for the crispy quinoa patties is easy and is one that is free of meat, but which will also be liked and eaten by those meat lovers out there. In this recipe, and according to Sally’s baking addiction, you will be provided with the initial requirements and instructions but you could still play with the vegetables and spices. Here are the ingredients needed:
- 2 2/3 cups of quinoa
- 4 large beaten eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 gloves garlic, chopped
- ¾ cup gluten free whole grain breadcrumbs
- ½ cup finely chopped carrot and zucchini
- 1 tablespoon oil and more if needed
The instructions that you will need to follow:
- First, combine the quinoa, eggs, salt, and lemon pepper in a large mixing bowl then stir in the parsley, onion, cheese, and garlic. After mixing those together, add the bread crumbs, the zucchini/carrot, and then let this mixture sit for a couple of minutes to let the crumbs absorb some of the moisture.
- The best thing about those vegan quinoa patties is that by now they are ready for you to form those small thick patties, about 20 pieces. You always want your patties to be moist and that is why there is no dry tasting at this stage, but you also want the mixture to hold itself when it comes to the cooking phase, so you might want to add more crumbs in order to give it the chance to hold itself.
- If you are not willing to cook all those patties you have formed, you could keep them in the refrigerator for a couple of days since quinoa could live there up to that time if they are not still cooked.
- In order to cook those patties, you need to heat the oil on medium low heat in a large skillet, add five or six patties, cover, and cook them for about 7 to 10 minutes or until the bottom becomes golden. Flip the patties and cook the other side for another 5 minutes or also until they become golden.
- Now your quinoa patties are ready to be eaten, you just have to decide on the way you will eat them. These patties could be served plain or in a pita, added on a salad, placed in a sandwich, with sliced avocado, with hot sauce on top, and many other different ways that you could come up with according to what you love generally and what you don’t.
More Quinoa Patties’ Recipes
In addition to the crispy quinoa patty that we have brought its recipe above, there are still other recipes to try making those patties through. One of these different options which we consider it a lot healthier is the spinach quinoa patties, because at this point not only the quinoa will deliver benefits for the body, but spinach will manage to do the same as well. Here are the ingredients needed for this patty recipe:
- 3 cups of cooked quinoa
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 1 large peeled and shredded carrot
- 4 green diced onions
- 1 cup of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1-2 cups of whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
Here are the instructions to follow:
- Start by adding all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl, setting the oil aside, and adding more breadcrumbs if needed during the process in order to give those patties the chance to hold their shapes. Let this mixture sit for 5 or 10 minutes in order to allow it to meld.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Form the mixture into those small patties and then cook those patties on each side for a couple of minutes or until it starts to turn golden. Let those patties cool down on paper towels before you indulge in them.
The best thing about those recipes related to quinoa patties is that you just add all the ingredients together, cook them in the oil until they turn golden, leave them to cool down, and then come to the eating phase which is all about eating them plain or else adding them to other ingredients.
In addition to those different recipes which you tend to prepare by cooking them in oil, quinoa patties could also be baked, which is considered a lot healthier for more people and thus a lot more preferred. Here is another recipe for those quinoa patties which you could prepare but this time through baking them. The ingredients you will need for the baked quinoa patties include:
- 3 cups of water
- 2 cups quinoa
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 cup of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup of shredded Colby cheese
The instructions you have to follow:
- You will start with cooking the quinoa on its own before moving forward with preparing the quinoa patties. So you will boil the water in a saucepan over medium low heat, add the quinoa, cover it, and simmer until the quinoa becomes tinder and the water has been absorbed, this will usually take 15 or 20 minutes. This should also come after making sure that the seeds of quinoa are washed thoroughly to remove the bitter taste that comes with it.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and spray a baking sheet with the olive oil spray.
- Add the quinoa, eggs, spinach, breadcrumbs, and cheese together and stir them well then use a spoon to drop this mixture in small balls onto the baking sheet and press to the desired thickness.
- Bake the patties until the bottom becomes golden, which will take about 15 minutes then flip them on the other side and bake for another 5 minutes or until that side becomes golden as well; always pay attention in order not to burn those patties along the process.
There are always different recipes to choose from when it comes to a specific dish that you want to prepare for the first time and try, and in addition to these recipes which you might get, you will still be able to have your touch inserted in the whole recipe, which is the same with the quinoa patty recipe that you could serve it differently and add vegetables and spices according to your favorites.
Always go for the healthy options and in this case, we have to say that quinoa is one of these different options for the different nutrients and minerals that it carries and which manage to deliver several benefits for the body at the end. Quinoa patties are considered the perfect recipe to try, not just because they are easy to prepare and healthy, but also because you could keep them in the refrigerator for a couple of days or freeze them and just go through the cooking phase whenever you need; just make sure that you are doing this storage thing in the correct manner.